Here at Lijit, there are quite a few things we take seriously. For example, we take customer service seriously. We monitor twitter and other services to make sure that our users are happy. We take search technology seriously, constantly looking for ways to improve our value to publishers.
But, there is something that might be taken even more seriously here at Lijit.
Thats right. Lucious fish on savory rice balls.
Luckily, Colorado has fantastic sushi restaurants (yes we know we are land locked. Ever hear of these things called planes? They can carry fish, thank you very much.)
But, its just not enough for us at Lijit.
We want to be known as the Greatest Sushi Eaters of All Time.
So we have decided to sponsor the first ever:
2008 Boulder Sushi Regurge Open
You read that right.
The rules are simple, and as follows:
- You must eat sushi, not that pansy sashimi crap.
- You may order your own sushi.
- There is a $25 entry fee that will go to the establishment (that still doesnt know what they are hosting)
- You will pay $1 for each piece of sushi you eat into the pot.
- Top three finishers split the pot. (60% to the winner; 30% to second place; 10% to third)
- You may heckle, but not touch other participants.
- No bathroom breaks.
- The final three will order sushi for the person to their left.
- You are out if you dont eat sushi fast enough.
- You are out if you throw up.
- You are out if you dont recognize the greatness that is Micah.
- The tie breaker will be desserts.
And we are throwing the guantlet to a few folks:
Brad Feld: Perhaps you should invest in some preparation for a beat down.
EventVue: Can you register the beat down you are going to get?
David Cohen: Maybe the Techstars teams will think you are still cool.
FlingItGirl: You can Fling It, but can you Bring It? (Oh, its been broughten!)
Danny Newman: Did you invent the loss too?
StickerGiant: Make a sticker that sucks as bad as your sushi eating skills.
Andrew Hyde: Here’s an idea. Why not start Startup AndrewCantEatSushi?
Me.dium: Why are all the little dudes in my sidebar going to YouCantEatSushi.com?
Bruce Wyman: Your loss will be a piece of art.
Intense Debate: Lets discuss how bad your sushi eating skills are.
Techstars 2008: I hope you can eat sushi better than…well thats just mean.
Jeremy Tanner: You might have jokes, but you dont have sushi eating skills.
Of course, all are welcome to show up, although most will leave disappointed.
We plan to live blog, UStream, Tweet and Social Media/Web 2.0 the heck out of the event.
We may make fun of many things, but we dont joke about sushi.
(Time and Date to be announced. If you want to participate leave a comment. No animals were hurt in the production of this blog post, but man, there will be some fish dying!)